Sunglasses are essential to keep with you while traveling. But how can you know sunglasses or safety eyewear are allowed to keep with you while on planes. Here is everything that you can know about sunglasses while traveling.
Can Sunglasses keep on Planes?
Its short answer is yes. You have to take off in front of security before boarding the plane. So that TSA could make sure about you. If sunglasses have enough metal, they can detect through a metal detector. Now you are free to wear them because they would block sunlight if you are sitting with the window seat. Or if you are uncomfortable in sleeping because of bright sunlight, a good pair of prescription safety glasses with light tint or sunglasses are ideal for you. Because the sunglasses will help you to shut your eyes in bright sunlight.
How to Bring your Sunglasses?
TSA website states that you can bring your sunglasses in your checked baggage but a hard case is best to keep safe of your Rx Prescription safety glasses or sunglasses. Because they can be easily crushed because of other items in the luggage. And after checking, it could be a chance of damaging. You can lose your favorite pair of eyewear like Pradas, Oakely, or RayBans forever by keeping then in the wrong place. You must keep them in the protective place and if don’t have any hard case, keep them on top place of your bag.
Why you Should not Keep your Glasses in a Checked Bag?
Sometimes the checked bag is lost or damaged because of any reason. Therefore, you should not pack your pair of eyewear in your checking bag. Almost all airlines don’t compensate your damaged, stolen, or lost prescription eyewear. Even if you have insured glasses. For this, you can keep an extra pair of eyewear with you. You cannot travel easily without seeing clear on your trip.
Are Eyeglasses allowed in Passport Photo?
The US Department of State states that no one is allowed to wear any eyewear in passport photos either reading prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses. Anyhow you can wear glasses if you are medically prescribed and you have a prescription with you.
Few Considered things for Best Sunglasses:
- Sunglasses protect you from UV rays that can cause retina and cornea. A pair of sunglasses even ordinary pair can enough to eliminate UV rays thoroughly. They are important if you have a window seat on the plane.
- Sunglasses protect the eyes from intense light as well. As eye receives a high amount of light, iris close naturally. As iris close, the squinting step comes in. in case of a large amount of light, the sunlight reflects off of snow that leads to damage the retina. A good pair of sunglasses can block 97% light entering into eyes.
- Sunglasses protect from glare that produces from specific surfaces like water and snow have a great deal of reflection. The bright spots can hide objects and intense glare can lead to a headache. So Wiley x safety glasses work well in these conditions.
- Sunglasses are also helpful to eliminate certain light frequencies that can cause blurry vision and enhance contrast. Therefore, select the right tint for your sunglasses so that could work better in certain situations.
- A good fitting of eyeglasses or sunglasses will stay on your nose. The last but not the least thing is that after napping while flight your glasses could slip off. They can be crushed from your any side after slipping from your face.