Currently, you are facing that your vision is getting worse. If you have refractive error like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism and you wear prescription safety glasses. It means your vision is getting worse gradually and will become weaker with the time. Without proper care and with specific diseases like macular degeneration, cataract, and glaucoma, your vision can grow worse. Here are a few popular tips that can prevent your eyesight worsening.
Ways for vision development:
Millions of people use designer prescription glasses in order to see clearly every day. Several people don’t have 100% vision and approximately 42% of people between the age of 12 and 54 are nearsighted. 14% of people are affected by farsighted and this mostly occurs after the age of 40. This is a very common refractive error in this age and everyone is affected as reach in the circle of this age limit. The first 10 years of life, children’s eyes change and frequently affected by these issues and they have to wear Rx safety glasses at an early age. You can prevent your eyes from refractive error and avoid wearing glasses or contact lenses to see clearly. Surgery is the best way to stop your eyesight growing worse but even with the right lens, vision slows down.
Ways to avoid your vision worse:
- Protective eyewear: Safety glasses, side shields, face mask, visors, goggles, and helmets are included in the category of protective eyewear. Standard glasses are enough for eyes protection against any hazards and can hurt your eyes.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are more than a fashion accessory because they provide a great shield against the sun’s UV rays that lead to many problems like cataract, macular degeneration, etc. Particular activities like skiers, farmers, fishers, and surfers need sunglasses from UV protection. Wiley x prescription safety glasses are considered excellent for eyes safety against UV treatment.
- Regular eye exam: Eye exam is very important once in a year even if you have perfect vision.
- Screen breaks: Focusing on one thing like a digital screen for an extended time without any break can cause digital eye strain. So frequent break is essential for working on a computer screen and blue light blocker glasses are also important.
- Control Diabetes: Due to diabetes, the unexpected change in blood sugar can lead to blurry vision. So maintaining blood sugar and a regular eye exam can reduce the risk of diabetic retinopathy.
- Vitamins: Studies shows that vitamins A, C, and E are essential for good eyes health. For getting sufficient vitamins, you must take a balanced diet that is present in fruits and vegetables. You need vitamin-rich food like oranges, broccoli, sweet potato, spinach, carrots, red peppers, almonds, pumpkin, almonds, peanut butter, and sunflower seeds. Research also shows that omega 3 fatty acid that is present in fish, nuts, and seeds. You can also get an omega 3 supplement.
- Quit smoking: Everyone knows that smoking is very injurious for health and cause cancer. So for the sake of health, quit smoking as early as possible. Tobacco smoke irritates the eyes and leads to dry eyes.
- Good hygiene: Practicing of hygiene prevents you from many diseases and infections. It is important to wash your hands before touching your hands while wearing contact lenses and should replace old makeup products.
With older age and certain health conditions put a great effect on a person’s visions. But there are many ways that improve and protect your eyes health. Bring the change in your life with simple and easy tips.